Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
calvinc

Desk Top missing, icons okay

I have a problem after surfing the net, My desktop goes completely white when the cursor is on the page and turns beige when the cursor is on the bottom tool bar, my icons are all in place and when i restart i can see my desktop for a second or so then changes color (white) again. i have run PC-cillin, No-Adware and The Cleaner and they do not pick up any viruses.

i have tried all.

Calvinc

Greetings calvinc.

Have you tried surfing the same pages with different browsers like FireFox? If you can browse the same page without problems using FireFox, then it's possibly you're the victim of a "browser hijack" spyware program. If you aren't, your IE could just be messed up.

I've been to websites before where they automatically make IE fill up the whole screen and sometimes turn it a color. Nothing ticks me off more. That's the closest I can come to identifying what your problem might be.

Try a different browser and post back. FYI, PC-cillin isn't really something you should rely on (in my opinion) for virus protection. Stick with something proven like Mcafee or Norton. AVG has a free antivirus client that I've heard is pretty good. Always make sure definitions for all your anti-stuffs are updated.