Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jeanpiet

Doom 3

Doom 3 this by far they most scariest game ever made to be put down on the mother earth i tell you my friends it is..................................................bold text

Since DosFreak rightfully mentioned the System Shock series, I'll mention the Silent Hill series and also Clive Barker's Undying all are significantly more scary than Doom 3.

As big of an Id software fan as I am, I found Doom 3 to be rather frustrating. It was too dark, and just seemed too much like every other FPS on the market already. Doom 1 (and 2) were innovative, for their time. I'm sure the Doom 3 engine will be greatly used in the near future, which is fine, but I found the game to be a bit lacking.

Oh well, back to Doom Legacy for me laugh

Originally posted by adamvjackson:

Quote:

As big of an Id software fan as I am, I found Doom 3 to be rather frustrating. It was too dark, and just seemed too much like every other FPS on the market already. Doom 1 (and 2) were innovative, for their time. I'm sure the Doom 3 engine will be greatly used in the near future, which is fine, but I found the game to be a bit lacking.

This is exactly what I wanted to say.

I think when developers can't make the graphics look significantly better (due to technology limitations, and compatibility issues), they make it dark, so you won't notice the flaws!!!

It's pretty impressive on all respects. Perhaps most impressive is that it's so intense that I have trouble playing it. I play games for enjoyment, not to be paranoid. If I want paranoia, I go to slashdot.