Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ReFoRMaT

Microslop: Godfathers of spam/spyware

Who exactly designed 'cookies' into the browser? I heard windoze95 was sending a list of hardware during online registration already, back then! Why does every version of windoze have more 'holes' than swiss cheese ( http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/computersecurity/2004-09-08-zombieuser_x.htm )? Don't they learn from their mistakes? They don't listen or care about public demand. Microslop is not stupid so this is obviously on purpose. XP is the worst 'phoning home' bunch of M$ spyware yet ( http://www.informit.com/articles/article.asp?p=30697 ) and it is only going to get worse. Figerprint/password hardware has been out for a couple of years now and Microslop are salivating (scroll down to near the end of article http://news.com.com/Gates+Microsoft+to+offer+anti-spyware/2100-7355_3-5393208.html ). It is already XP compatible. Don't be suprised, in the future, you need one of these to just log on to windoze (who will then report to who knows who that you are online and using whatever software). The last people I want having my fingerprint is Microspy Corporation! The Linux genie is out of the bottle. Let's hope it stays there.

Open source is inconsequential to Microsoft right now, but they take the future threat of open source to their monopoly very seriously. Microsoft has always done, and will continue to do whatever they can to stop open source, namely Linux.

In the near future, probably at the release of Longhorn, they will implement, "security measures," which will in essence force consumers to use their operating systems and software.

As a for instance, in the name of "security," a document created in MSword will be unreadable with other word processing software. The explanation Steve and Bill will give us is that these encryption measures will "protect" consumers from virus ridden documents winding up on their computers as attachments.

This is how it will be sold. The real motive is to force consumers into using MSWord, which Microsoft will be glad to sell them, and to force the use of the Microsoft OS.

What then will Linux users do when we receive one of these new "secure" documents? Microsoft will not port to Linux, and it is unlikely the new MSWord will work under wine. Oh well, I guess we'll all have to go back to using Microsoft, which is exactly their intent.

This is but one of the myriad ways Microsoft plans to eliminate all other threats to their monopoly.

The government broke up Standard Oil, Ma Bell, and At&T. They won't break up Microsoft.

We have to get everybody using OpenOffice! Resistance is futile! (heh heh) I am on the brink of turning my back on Microslop for good (except to fix somebody's machine, all the while lecturing them on how bad M$ is).

P.S. Not everybody runs out to buy the latest verion of M$ anything. People are already confused, scared and fed up. I will hold out until M$ sends the Software Nazi's (M$ has sent authorities to raid people) to bust down my door and pry the latest distro from my white knuckle clenched fist. (heh heh)

LOL! ReFoRMaT, it sounds like you're a member of the N.R.A. like I am. ...cold dead fingers...! LOL!

Just tonight, I convinced a long time friend to let me nuke and pave his HD and install Linux. If you have good friends you care about who do nothing more than surf, Email and write and occasional letter, then convincing them to let you install Linux on their box is a wonderful gift!

Freinds don't let friends use Windows... wink

I've put Linux on four such boxes for friends and family and everyone of them loves it and is grateful they no longer get "illegal operations", trojans, browser hijackings, viruses, and all the rest of that Microslop hogwash...

I would just like to ask how linux is going to deal with this problem.... lets say people do start to switch to linux. Spyware will be even worse!! they can put it in all this open souce stuff. plus if you where a spammer/hacker/virus programmer, why would you stop because linux is now the main operating system? lets say they are making millions. if you where making millions would you stop because they went to linux? no, i dont think so. and it would probably hit linux harder and give it a bad name. it came on gradualy with M$ so they have a chance to at least KINDA (...) fix it. They could download a distro that automatically does this. did you guys ever think about it like that?

I AM A LINUX FAN! im not starting a war just bringing up a good point. i think...

i totally agree with you dapperdan & danleff rock! the system that is the biggest/most popular will more than likely be attacked im not sure how to tackle this and personally im getting tired of microsoft and their office thing thats what gets me

in my tech class i was asked what i would like to learn i answered openoffice or star office, (we could choose to teach the class something about anything) and the answer i got was sorry it could only involve microsoft based software, i just looked at her and said then nothing

my point is this in many tech classes all there teaching is ms office ive been taught how to use ms office from 7th to my current grade 12th and it it repeat and thats all there really teaching us microsoft has got such a hold on the system, i have no problem on teaching the stuff but there is no need to be taught the same thing repetively.

it boils down to this when bought up with many new software alternatives, to say office or ie there to afraid to try it because all they know is ms products, thats why im doning my senior thesis project on linux

also id have no problem in the schools if they taught ms products something rather than office like how to handle spyware, to many times have i seen someone next to me receive a fake email and open up viruses and worms and 5 minutes later there is a new virus on the system pop ups somthings got to be done is all im saying

There are many reasons why the linux software model is not at great risk for spyware/virii. The main two are the os design is secured where applications don't access kernel space as root or administrator. the other is open source software has so many developers looking at the code it would be hard to get some bad code checked into an application by some anonymous cracker type.

excellent article here.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/security/security_report_windows_vs_linux/