Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jconstan

XP no mouse keyboard

Incorrect or corrupt mouse/keyboard drivers have been installed on an XP home machine. I have tried restarting the machine with the "last known good hardware configuration" as well as in safe mode with no help. When the login screen of XP appears I have no control with the mouse or keyboard. How can I get this machine running again? I know XP has "system restore" capability but I can't get it up to the point I can try that. Any suggestions????

Thanks,

Jim

If LKG configuration fails, you will likely need to perform a repair installation, which is accessable from booting from your XP installation media.

major bummer.....I am going to try to install a USB mouse to see if XP will begin using it instead of the Logitec PS2 mouse.

Hi all,

I have similar issue on XP Home Edition, but only the mouse is not working. The keyboard is working. I can see the mouse on the screen but impossible to move it.

It's Presario Laptop 700, AMD4.

1. I booted in safe mode and it's still not working.

2. Went to Control Panel > Mouse > Hardware Tab : Nothing there, no set up .. cannot access Properties button...It's like something wiped out the mouse driver Hardware...

3. I already restored at a certain point(09/25/04) when the mouse

was working but it did not fix it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated !!!

Thanks

Sophie

It worked like a champ! I unplugged the ps2 logitec mouse and installed an optical usb mouse. When xp came up it detected the usb mouse and installed drivers for it automatically. I went to system restore and restored the system from a date before the corrupt drivers were installed. Then I replaced the usb mouse with the original ps2 logitec mouse and xp rebooted as normal.