Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
damagedone

Sp2 Probelm

Ok here we go i am having problems with SP2 when I click on the start bar such as my documents, my pictures etc... my computer acts as though it is shutting down like the start bar disappears then re appears and nothing happens. The same thing goes with all items on the right hand of the start area. Such as control panel , my computer all of it. I have done everything everyone says and run all the spy sweepers possible prior to install. I uninstall SP2 and have no problems. Everytime I install SP2 I get the same results.

continued from above.... My setup is:

AMD 64 3800xp Slot(939)

ASUS A8V Motherboard

ATI x800 pro 256mb

creative audigy (1)

Windows XP Pro SP1 & SP2

2 sticks 512 pc3200 running dual channel (corsair)

Ok i did all that the directions said. I still have the problem. My computer has never shut down though. Its almost like it refreshes the screen. when mine does it. As far as the mpeg driver i do not have it. I guess for now i will do a restore and live with the SP1 if you all find anything else please let me know.

Mine was doing the same thing. I attributed it to the new catalyst drivers. I uninstalled the new 4.10 drivers and went back to the 4.8's. I read somewhere the 4.9's played screwy with SP2 as well. No blanking out with the 4.8's. So I reformated and installed XP SP1 and catalyst 4.10 and the blanking out problem is gone.

I hope this helps.

Athlon XP 2400+

Shuttle VIA KT 400 Mobo

512mb ram

ATI Radeon 9600 Pro