Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ludoo

problems installing directx 9c available on the sim cd

WHEN SIMS 2 STARTS THE SETUP IT SAYS ME THAT DIRECTX 9C IS REQUIRED TO PLAY SIMS2 AND THAT I HAD DIRECTX 9B.I CLICK ON YES AND THE DIRECTX IS INSTALLED IN LESS THAN 1 SEC.AFTER THE INSTALLATION,IT SAYS THAT<FAILED TO FOUND DIRECTX 9C.TRY TO REINSTALL.I DID AND IT REINSTALL DIRECTX 9C AGAIN IN 1 SEC ,WANT SHOULD I DO.I HAVE 256 RAM,GEFORCE 4 MX 440 AND WINDOWS XP SERVICE PACK 2

MY PROBLEM IS THE SAME AS MOST PEOPLES! WHEN I TRY TO RUN SIMS 2 A MESSAGE APPEARS SAYING EXACTLY THIS - " FAILED TO FIND ANY DIRECTX 9.0c COMPATIBLE GRAPHICS ADAPTERS IN THIS SYSTEM! PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A DIRECTSX 9.0c COMPATIBLE ADAPTER AND HAVE INSTALLED THE LATEST DRIVERS PROVIDED BY THE MAUFACTURER. THE APPLICATION WILL NOW TERMINTATE." - ;( ! I HAVE TRIED MOST OF THE SOLUTIONS ALREADY POSTED ON THIS SITE AND SO FAR NONE OF THEM HAVE WORKED! I HAVE DOWNLOADED - INTELĀ® GRAPHICS TECHNOLOGY - AND INSTALLED DIRECTX 9.0 MANY TIMES! PLEASE HELP ME ! wink

The MX440 is a really neat little card. It works well with DirectX 8.0 and with some 9.0 implementations. The Gainward variety can be overclocked through the utilities provided by that company and so it can in many ways exceed expectations, but its design preceded 9.0. My guess is that it simply can't process fast enough. Memory has little to do with this since most of it is used for higher resolutions. If you you know someone from whom you can borrow a newer Nvidia card, you might try it. It sounds like you have tried everything else.

kirkymacall- Sounds like you have an Intel-intergrated video card. You will need to buy a new video card and install it physically into your computer for Sims 2 to work.

I have the same problem as ludoo and I also have MX-440 and Windows XP SP2. I think the problem is Microsoft Windows XP SP2! because I have SP1 before and I didn't have any problem with that. As I installed service pack 2 the problem occurs.