Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Awaxx

Does 3Com LAN cards worth their price ??

I think they do.

Before having one, I had a D-Link I though that it was right enough. But one day, I bought a 3Com, and my life goes different. Faster connection, full duplex, low CPU occupation : my life became a dream.

If you have a different opinion about 3Com cards or know tests results, just give it.

Awx - LAN 100Mbps switched

I don't think they are worth the price since most lan cards support full duplex. Plus all you are getting is a name.

Yeah when I made the switch to 3COM my life became very easy also smile 3COM is best for networking, infact that's pretty much what they did a few years back. Stick with a well known namebrand and you're all set! That's why I have a creative sound card and Adaptec SCSI cards smile These cards never failed me and always have driver updates smile

Man Man , man ,, 3Com Rocks,, for one reason

,,!Support!,,

and everyone does,,

plus they're cards are built very nicely.

I've had a hell of a time with some cards and some i haven't,, but no matter what whenever i use a 3Com i never have a problem.

Lates,, bigb

Yeah - great support on my USB network adapter. No new driver since March and nothing for Win2k.

------------------

Shrink

92% of the things we worry about don't happen - but the other 8% DO!

Until 18 months ago, I would have always bought 3com, and I always recommended 3com for two reasons. The hardware is tip-top and every efficient, and support was excellent. In fact MS themselves used to use 3com cards exclusively...hence the very good support in all their OSs...

This is now no longer the case. The hardware is still good, but 3com support now sucks in ALL their product lines...

It's looks very like the accountants who now manage the company have decided that support loses money instead of making it - and should therefore have its budget cut to increase the bottom line...

I´ve worked with a lot of NIC in my life - 3Com has been superior, but that´s been quite a good time ago.

Hardware is still OK, but support / drivers has become absolutely poor in the last 2 years. The only (not noname-)NICs that are giving us troubles with drivers and stability in the meantime are 3Com.

DLink are fine, Ovislink are fine, Kingston are fine. And drivers you will get for any (not noname-)NIC.

Have fun

Llion