Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HawkBoy

External enclosure VS External HD

Hi,

I'm beginning to run out of disk space on my laptop and am considering getting an external drive. I would still run apps off of my laptop HD, but would use the external space for keeping videos, pictures, and hopefully as cache for file-sharing, etc. Currently, if I have a file-sharing app on and I run another program, my HD is choked by the file-sharing app and my work app won't run that well.

I was wondering, is an external HD practical for my uses? And is there any performance difference between an external enclosure and a normal external HD.

I've been looking for reviews, . . . online but I can't find much (all I see is that USB2 is a lot slower than IDE). I have also search this forum, but can't find anything that answers my quesitons (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong =) ).

I have both USB2 and Firewire (in case you were wondering).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.ntcompatible.com/thread29141-1.html

Hi

I also have been asking the same question couple of days ago.Which one is the best ? And I think we are at the same position rite now - hard drive running out of space and still no visible solution yet .

But personally , I prefer an external closure + 'ordinary internal drive , compare to 'manufactured-built drives - just problem with the big M ( $$$ ) hehehehe .

Yeah , I would agree that there are no much reviews out there about external closures vs ordinary external drives wink