Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
joker76

Windows XP 64-bit (for AMD) WON`T INSTALL

i have a question,i`ve just bought a asus K8N-E deluxe motherboard with a Athlon-64 +3200 processor.

i`ve downloaded the beta version of windows xp 64-bit for AMD.

but it won`t install.ive burned the ISO multiple times with nero and alcohol 120%.the cd will boot but it skips the part of checking my hardware configuration and goes directly to the part of saving files for the setup of XP 64-bit.

after it`s done saving files it will reboot and i get the famous windows bluescreen.

i`ve tried everything,i have pulled out all of my pci cards and all other hardware.accept for my graphic card,but it still won`t install.

does anyone know what to do?

here`s my hardware configuration:

asus K8V-e Deluxe 64-bit motherboard

1024MB pc3200 DDR ram

asus v9560-vs (fx5600)128MB graphic card

the nvidia site is for installation problems for nvidia 64bit drivers.it wont solve windows xp 64bit installation problems.

Originally posted by joker76:

Quote:
the nvidia site is for installation problems for nvidia 64bit drivers.it wont solve windows xp 64bit installation problems.

So you did try d/l the latest XP-64 driver package, extracted them to a folder and created a driver disk of the IDE/SATA/RAID drivers to a floppy and do an F6 install ?!?

I found the problem,i had 2 512MB.

1 was a CL2,5 and the other was a CL3.

the normal windows xp pro didnt have any problems with it,and my motherboard didnt eather.

but i`m happy the problem is solved!!

ps.it`s hard to get them 64-bit drivers.

but the athlon64 processor is running very fast on the new XP.

Read the board manuel correctly and udate your bios and try to install 64bit again it will solve your problem.I had the same problem and the problem is solved I only had problem at update the bios but after up[censored] the bios the 64bit has been istalled easly.Now I have Problem at my ethernet it dose not work my board is "K8N" do any boady know how to solve this problem.