Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kobib28

dhcp windows xp problem

Hi all , i need a big help , I installed in my computer Adware software and after the software clean all the "critical object" i try to connect to the internet and its failed. I remove the nic and installed it again,i remove modem software and reinstall it and it didnt solved the problem , the configuration is ok i check if the dhcp is define in the lan connection and its ok. i use terayon cable modem.

in the network status icon i see that my computer sent packet but dont recive any packet (40 packet sent and 0 packet recived).

I connect my leptop to the modem and it ok so the modem is working properly and the problem is in my coputer , how can i fix it

10x koby

i had the same problem with a pc this week. what kind of spyware was it? newdotnet or webhancer? these are lsp's or "layer service providers" that bind to the winsock. if you remove these wrong (like some anti-spyware programs do) you end up breaking your internet access.

in my case it was a wireless connection...i could still ping the router but no internet access..

try LSP fix which you can download here http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm

there is also a small utility floating around that rewrites the correct registry keys for , in my case, windows xp named "winsockxpfix" try looking for it with your favourite search engine.

if it was new.net spyware there is even a deinstallation tool on their page. this didn't work for me though since the anti-spyware tool had already done the damage. Good luck!!