Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
presdec

Nvidia with Fedora core 1 + New kernel 2.6.8.1

Any idea where i can find a rpm package for the Nvidia graphics driver using the 2.6.8.1 kernel?

Philip Prescott-Decie

The last that I looked, the NVIDIA packages supported the 2.6 kernels, since their release 1.0-5336.

Any reason why you don't want to use NVIDIA'S packages?

I'm running the latest drivers from nvidia with a custom 2.6.8 kernel on Debian Sid. The nvidia scripts works well in most cases but I have trouble with the custom kernel. unless you have special needs the nvidia install scripts is usually the best way to go. I know nvidia did away with there official rpms to focus on a universial driver.

fun screen shot Here.

Truth is i just got desparate with all the Nvidia problems i've come over the last few weeks. I had to buy a new computer as there was a terminal error with my motherboard and it in a sence overcooked itself till it caught on fire.. (don't know how this actually happened all i know is that it cooked itself clean!) so i went out and got a new box which came with XP and an Nvidia card, having been quite attatched to my Fedora Core 1 i set down to reinstalling and upgrading as necesary. So i got the new Kernel and found that Nvidia does not have a precompiled packeage for it.. In the end i just had to run the installer and it made its own which has turned out to be a bit buggy, glitches when pressing teh TAB key etc..

Thanks once again.

Philip Prescott-Decie