Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
2k_freak!

DDR 2 worth the money??

only if u want to overclock your system massively.... or if you want to build a more 'future proof' machine. You need to get the supporting hardware ideally. Like a mobo ...

Once again, we see the bottleneck shift. 675 odd Mhz from RAM is lovely, but only if the other buses can handle it. Start firing 300 odd Mhz down the uncooled tubes and u could see meltdown!

Quality DDR2 is pricey for the time being. Of course this time next year we will be running pci express mobos with DDR2 probably

With a new motherboard (possibly 925) whose speed (ideally 1066MHz) to bypass some latencies, it would be a worthwhile investment. There are websites that claim this board is out and will be mated with the Pentium 4EE version. Massively expensive and probably only a gamers machine. Why do you want this kind of memory?

U guessed it!!i am using it 2 play games lyke doom3, i am buyin a shuttle barebone i need help deciding whether ddr or ddr2 suits me. And will the powercolor 9600 xt be able to handle doom3 at high settings?? and is the onboard sound in the nforce2 motherboard useful?

I have a 9800XT and at high settings the games runs ok... but if i knock a few of the details down a bit it is a lot smoother.

If u want to go the expensive route go for PCI Express

i am talking bout the powercolor 9600xt. will it run doom3 or farcry on decent framerates at medium??