Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bleim

USB pendrive with wireless from jetflash

Hi all!

I have bought 256MB Jetflash pendrive. It comes with wireless 802.11b, so u can have a pendrive and wireless with USB.

But only works fine in windows. Linux only knows that is a pendrive, but doesn't "see" the wireless. the 256MB works well.

Anyone with this hardware? I have knoppix at HD.

Thanks in advance

I looked at the Transcend web site and your device. The faq state that it is not supported in Linux, while some of their other products are clearly supported in kernel 2.4.

This is not to say that it won't work at all, just that it is not supported.

I would pose the question to the Transcend folks and find out what chipset that the wlan uses, exactly. There are a few variations of the 802.11b standard and chipsets used.

The issue is that the pendrive uses USB totally and this may be your main problem.

If anyone knows what chipset this is, give us a hand. It is not stated on the website.

Thanks for write Danleff.

Yeah, I looked their website but no technical information at all. I have wrote to tell me what can I do, maybe in a few days I know something.

Some things:

If I boot with 2.6 kernel, and I do dmesg, only USB pendrive info appears.

If I boot with 2.4 kernel, and I do dmesg, I see that prism2 module is loaded, but iwconfig does not recognice nothing. Maybe because I don't know how to do iwconfig with a USB, not pcmcia. Maybe iwconfig is for pcmcia or pci, not USB.

KDE info shows nothing but and ACER device.

Bye