Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
italiangrl

My Sims Game keeps shutting off by itself!

Im having a problem with my sims 2 game.... I just got a new dell computer and I installed the sims 2 on it. I played it about two times until it started not to work. The third time I played it, All of a sudden, in the middle of me playing the game...it just stopped and the screen turned black and the light on my monitor went from green to orange. this kept happeneing every time I tried to play it again.;( . My new Dell computer does not work so we are sending it back for a replacement. Will this happen to the sims 2 game on the replacment dell computer if I install it again? Windows XP on Dell comes with everything that is needed for the sims 2. What is the problem and how can i fix it if it happens again?? frown

Since you mentioned that your new Dell machine is not working, in general, I would suspect the issues with the Sims 2 game was most likely related to this being a problem with the computer rather then the game itself. Of course you will not be certain of this until you get your replacement box and reinstall the Sims 2 once again wink

Of course the primary culprit at this stage would have to be your new PC.

But if it isn't could it be something to do with the refresh rate/resolution or even colour depthof your monitor?

This might be a video-driver problem. Make sure you update your ATI/Nvidia divers. Also don't use illegal software and drop those load of bug ridden, dumb, slow and vulnerable pieces of turkey poo called Internet Explorer and Outlook (-Express = same poo) and use Firefox and Thunderbird. Safer, faster, better and free too. Nice themes and plugins etc. etc. Everything Explorer and Outlook should be. Also make sure you run a virusscanner. Try Avast! It's free for home users. Have fun!

Originally posted by jmmijo:

Quote:
Since you mentioned that your new Dell machine is not working, in general, I would suspect the issues with the Sims 2 game was most likely related to this being a problem with the computer rather then the game itself. Of course you will not be certain of this until you get your replacement box and reinstall the Sims 2 once again wink

:P Thanks for the info!

Is Internet Explorer really THAT bad?

It's all I use and I think it's fine, but I seem to be the only one?

Anyways, I would download the latest drivers for your PC before you do ANYTHING when you get it, it could save quite a lot of hassle later on in your PC's timeline.

I have been having a similar problem with my new dell computer and th new sims game. Everytime i try to play it i get to the end of the loading an a message comes up that says something about my graphics. Sure enough looked and the bottom of the box and realized i needed a new video card. One with T&L capability with i don't think comes standard with dell computers. So now i am shopping the web for a ATI Radeon 7200......... any ideas of where i can get one?

Does a video card have anything to do with it? I dont even knwo what a video card IS, someone just told me that might be the reason

Do you guys know what your video card is?

Is it an intergrated one and if so what make?

(My intergrated Intel 845G/GL/GV chipset isn't T&L capable either) frown

Suffice it to say that it must meet the requirements or how else would italiangirl been able to play it a couple of times before all these issues started to occur wink

If you have a Dimension 2400 or 3000, than you have integrated graphics, and no AGP slot to upgrade your graphics card. Granted, there are still GPUs made with PCI connections, but that'll cripple the performance of modern day video cards.

If you want to be able to play any decent current 3D games without framerates looking like a slide show, you may want to ask dell for a better model, one that has a better graphics card, or at least one that has an AGP slot to put a better card in down the road.