Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Yarik

A different DirectX 9.0c installation solution (Sims 2 required)

Here is a solution that i have:

I finally managed to install the DrectX 9.0c. I of course tried uninstalling the DirectX 9.0b, then installing the 9.0c version, but it still skipped the installation part, and said that its already installed but it wasn't. Then I reinstalled the DirectX 9.0 version that I already had on my computer from a while ago, so I had the 9.0 version installed. Then from the 9.0 installation forlder I copied the .msi file into the 9.0c installation folder, but it didn't work, so i copied both of the .dll files from the 9.0 folder into the 9.0c folder, replacind the .dll files who's version numbers ended with .004 or something like that, with the files who's version numbers endings were .000. Then I tried installing the DirectX 9.0c with the 9.0 dll's and the .msi file, and...

Viola!

After the computer restarted, i ran the dxdiag.exe file, and now it said that i have DirectX 9.0c installed, and Sims 2 are running....

I'm having the same problem with my DirectX and would like to fix it...but I really didn't understand what you did, Yarik. Could you possibly make a step by step explanation or something? Thanks.

I have same problem like u,but i cant solve it. :x

Yarik...How to uninstall directX9.0b ???

had strange game installation issues with direct 9c..

one or two games have failed to recognise that 9C is installed (dxdiag confirms it is installed tho)

one even tried to install directx 9b saying it was newer than the version i had on my pc..as an experiment i let it install..(the game wouldn't run so i thought it might help) but even tho it ran through the installation routine perfectly normally ..dxdiag confirmed i still had 9c installed..gawd knows what's going on shocked