Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pmistry

Audio Editing help

I have a really large CD rip of an audio CD of mine, the entire 76 minute CD has been dumped into a large wave file on my hard disk. However, if I burn the CD, then all I get is one track, even though I know there are 20 tracks. Is there any way I can manually index the wave file to have tracks? The CD is one continous thing with tracks mixed in together and crossfaded with each other. Each track end has a bit of lead in music to the next track, I would like to put in indexes or markers or something there so my CD player can detect the tracks and I can skip back or forward on tracks.

If I understand correctly, you need to first download a wave editor. Even the more basic ones will work fine. You can cut your "source" wav file into seperate wavs (tracks). When you go to burn them, make sure you remove the (usually) 2 second pause between tracks, that way it sounds like one continuous track. I use Nero for burning, and I believe it has a wav editor included in the suite now. Hope this helped you out some, I have to go through the same process when burning live concerts.

- Lotus

I also am trying out a trial copy of SoundForge, I remember using it a few years ago at University for a multimedia class, but it was owned by Sonic Foundry back then, now its apparently Sony, interesting...but still the same program. Also my copy of Nero has a Nero wave editor as well, seems functional, but kinda unstable, its crashed twice on me already for no real reason.