Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
thatsteveguy

Sky Captain & the World of Tomorrow: Anyone go see it yet?

Well I have not seen it yet but I do want to.

but I was wondering when I first saw the trailer a few months back I could not help but think of Crimson Skies. I know it is nothing like that game but I think it was the planes that did it in terms of seeming familiar.

but it does look like it might be a good romp, Kind of like the old serials they played in movie theaters back in the day....

S

I was going to see this last weekend, but my girlfriend and I decided to see Resident Evil instead.

Tip: Did you know that RE was called Biohazard outside of the US?

smile

Yeh all the games and films in Japan were called Biohazard, however they are still called RE here in the UK.

(No idea about the rest of the world)

Anyways, I'm a bit doubtful about seeing this film-shot entirely in front of a blue screen? Sounds a lil bit dodgy to me.....

Originally posted by Waffler:

Quote:
Anyways, I'm a bit doubtful about seeing this film-shot entirely in front of a blue screen? Sounds a lil bit dodgy to me.....

Mmmmm, Star Wars Episodes 1 & 2 - They still bring back painful memories wink

You're probably best leaving it that way.

The're not the worst films in the world by any means (they do have their moments) but IMHO they worked so hard on the visuals they forgot about the story. The Doom 3's of the film world you might say (christ, I'm in a bashing mood at the moment)... roll on Episode 3.

Saying that, I do want to see Sky Captain. Hopefully they'll get the mix right this time.

I saw the movie. To sum up quickly, the visuals were quite nice, but the plot and character development was disapointing. You would think that the caliber of actors would have had a little more to chew on as it were. So, I can't recommend it.

It would be worth renting if you lower your expectations :-)

Once again, only for the visuals, not for the plot or acting.

Well, I went to see it at the weekend, and I have to disagree with mthaler.

It's a pastiche of the old 30s/40s sci-fi serials that they used to show on Saturday mornings on TV - you know, the kind where each episode ended with the hero falling off the edge of a cliff, and the next episode started with a what you didn't see our hero do kind of thing.

Sky Captain brought back the memories of these films - cheesy as they were!

I think it's a good film if you walk in through the door not expecting anything. If you're expecting high art, you'll be disappointed. If you're expecting a good time, you'll have one!

Just my tuppence worth

Rgds

AndyF