Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kyle_10000

Will Freespace 2 Cause Any Problems On Windows XP?

Will freespace 2 cause any problems on windows xp pro cuz someone told me it might and if it does is there a freespace that will work on xp pro?

Freespace 2 is on my pc, but I hadn't really played with it. A little monkeying around with it this morning shows it has problems displaying some text, though overall graphics look good and keyboard inputs seem to function properly. I'll hook up the joystick and unmute the sound when I mess with it later.

Well, I played with it more, and the joystick works fine on it, as well as sound. The HUD view seems off center, likewise in Wing Commander Prophecy, but maybe I'll just have to play with it some more.

Hmmm... I don't recall a problem with freespace 1 having problems running in XP. I think I got FS2 running as well, but after playing FS1 and FS1: Silent Threat, I was burnt out on the FS universe. That, and I really prefer the X-Wing style of combat for space sims. Have you played X-Wing Alliance? Great game, and can be found for as low as $5 these days. (and I'm saying it's a great game because, for a space sim, it is. I'm no star-wars fan-boy, I don't even own any SW movie.

If FS2 doesn't seem to run, check to see if you have the latest FS2 patch installed.

Hi

I just bought Freespace 2 and its not letting me install it on my computer. When I try to install it it comes up with this message

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose "Close" to terminate the application.

The options are Close and Ignore.

If anyone can offer me any help on this I would be grateful.

Please reply to danieltipping@hotmail.com

I recently installed a Logitech extreme 3d pro joystick and was wondering if freespace2 would allow the throttle to work within the game?

Originally posted by metalwyrm:

Quote:
I recently installed a Logitech extreme 3d pro joystick and was wondering if freespace2 would allow the throttle to work within the game?

Yes it will work, I used a Logitech Extreme 3D FF with Freespace2, you just may not have all the buttons available. smile

The throttle works fine, as do all the other joystick functions in the game. Enjoy.