Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DosFreak

My 3G 30G IPOD died last night......

Was surfing the net last night, I looked over at my IPOD and noticed that my display was blank. Took it out of it's cradle, tried to reset it but there was no display. Can't even go into diag mode because the Apple logo doesn't even show up. The only sign that I am getting any activity out of the thing at all is when I hold down the PLAY button, I hear a click after about 5 Secs...just like you do when you turn it on.

Went through all the stuff on the Apple web site but I already did all of that stuff last night.

So....I bought my IPOD from Best Buy on Dec 2003. (So I have 1yr left for Apple warranty) I also got the Best Buy warranty plan. Now I've heard that the current policy for Best Buy and IPOD owner's is that they do not offer replacement IPOD's....they just send 'em in for repair....and they are not too speedy on the return. Whereas supposedly if you ship yours straight to Apple you'll get it returned alot quicker.

So I was wondering has anyone had experience with IPOD and Best Buy\Apple warranties?

I'm going to call up Best Buy\Apple tommorow and see what they'll do for me.

Hopefully I can get a 4G 40G out of all this.

For anyone that cares....

I finally got around to bringing my IPOD into Best Buy about 2 weeks ago. Was told that I should get a response in about 2 weeks. Well I waited a couple of days after the date they gave me and called them up. Turns out that the cost to fix the IPOD would be greater than getting a new one. (Yeah, right. Give me the new battery or HD and I could fix it myself). Anyways they told me to come in to get a new one, so I did.

I come in, fill out the paperwork and they gave me the new 4G 40gig! Alright! I should have waited longer so I could have gotten the 60! Most likely though the 40g will be in stock for quite some time, so here's to hoping my IPOD dies in another year! laugh