Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Iotha

Scanner in W2K?

Ist there anybody who owns a "Primax Colorado Direct 9600" or a "Network Scanny" -scanner?

How do I get it to work under Win2000?????

I tried to use the NT4 drivers, but TWAIN 32 says I'd to use EPP/SPP mode of my parallel port. The problem: EPP already IS enabled!

(I can't choose SPP on my P5A-mobo)

It worked with Win98 without probs.

Sorry, 'fraid I cant help much.

I have the same scanner, I think (a Network Highscan Professional, which uses Colorado Direct 9600 drivers.).

I installed the NT4 drivers and when I tried to access the scanner it came up with a message saying that I should check that EPP/SPP is enabled, right?

However, once I rebooted, it worked fine.

I suppose you have already rebooted and tried again, huh?

Sorry I couldn't help.

Hi Mistral,

did you only install the Colorado 9600 drivers or some other software, too?

I don't have any for the scanner for WinNT,

only some old win95 drivers are on my CD and some Win95 software that doesn't work with NT.

In Win95 there is a small symbol in the task tray (left of the clock) that says in Win95 "scanner is active" or "scanner not found" (depends on if the power is turned on or off....)

Bye!

Try using these drivers from the Primax Europe Website..

http://www.primax.nl/drivers/colorado_epp_36bit/direct9600/nt/p36_ennt.exe

I did not install any other software, just used the twain32.exe that came with Win2k (it automatically replaces the ones supplied with the drivers using Protected File Replacement).

I still have the original CD that came with the scanner, but its full of rubbish. I always ignore CDs that come with products in favour of finding more up to date fixed versions, on the 'net.

Hope it helps.

Hi,

I'm sorry to say that it didn't work. Still the same message, a restart didn't help.

But thanks for the help!