Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
2k_freak!

i'm totally screwed!!

HOLY!!! i drop my cd onto the floor and now a file cannot be read!! anyone had tips?? FREE cd recovery thingies? i need tat disk extremely urgently! pls help!!!

Metal polish (Brasso if you're in the UK) works a treat!

Failing that, a disc doctor will also work - especially with deeper scratches.

Rgds

AndyF

If the CD is scratched, no amount of free software will be able to read the disk - if the laser is being diverted by the scratch, software won't be able to compensate.

Go out and by some Brasso

Rgds

AndyF

but i found tis software demo from infinadyne and it managed to read and execute the file from it!! but i need ta copy it to my hard disk(for a reason) but the sopy function is only supported in the registered version, and i dont have time for it to ship in. ;(

Brasso!

LOL never thought id type that word in here!

Takes a very thin layer of plastic off the read surface. Honestly the posts above are 100% correct as far as i am aware

Try CD Roller and CD data rescue... they were able to rescue stuff of my scratched cds but not off my dvd

Brasso Brasso Brasso Brasso Brasso Brasso Brasso Brasso Brasso Brasso Brasso Brasso Brasso Brasso Brasso Brasso Brasso Brasso Brasso Brasso Brasso Brasso Brasso Brasso Brasso Brasso Brasso Brasso Brasso laughlaughlaughlaughlaughlaugh hehehe