Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bigb

What's With Freakin OpenGL?

Ok,, what is the deal with OpenGL ,, is it supported well in win2k (NO) ,,,will it ever be supported in win2k ,,,and wasn't it supposed to come out retail with full support for OpenGl,, wasn't the whole freakin point of win2k supposed to be that it would kinda combine the good of both 98 and NT to make it a all around more stable and faster os that would be able to play games well and have good support for hardware? (Doesn't this piss you guys off!)It pisses me off!,, I would love to here some reply's on this one ,,,:P

OpenGL seems fine to me in Win2K with a GeForce SDR. Its probably a driver issue rather than Windows.

Hey, d1ckhead! Maybe you should read the news a bit more often. MS have (about a month ago) stated that no drivers that ship with the OS will support OpenGL.

OpenGL support will be provided only in IHV-supplied drivers.

Maybe you should try and keep up?

Hey ,, Yuppie Whatever ,, **** YOU! pAl

:>

your the dickhead for replying like one,,

and you know what buddy ,,sorry ,, i work all ****ing day at a computer store building ****ing computers then come home and sleep every day ,,,,so sorry if i'm not up to date .. on account of your standards buddy ,,,

maybe you should stop being such a dickhead and get a ****in life pal ,, cause if this is all you do all day (meaning)= being a dickhead all day on bulletin boards,,,, then your sure gonna need one!!!!!

,,,,,,,, LOL

I hope you guys really are friends - otherwise that was kind of uncalled for, YuppieScum.

------------------

Shrink

92% of the things we worry about don't happen - but the other 8% DO!

I think that yuppie was get relieving a bit of anger at the constant, moronic questions that keep propagating over the board, regardless of how much flame we spout at the people who post them. And this poor moron just happened to be in the way at the time.

- MousePad

------------------

Just once, I'd like to see an elementary particle physicist use *ZOT* when referring to accelerator operations. Is that too much to ask?

I've noticed people alot lately blaming Microsoft for everything that goes wrong with their computer. OH NO My video is messed up! Must be Windows. Damnit my sound is messed up must be Windows. DAMN! I reformatted my HD and I got bad sectors on my HD....STUPID F&CKING WINDOWS!!! Geesh..people GET A LIFE! Microsoft does not make drivers for your hardware DAMMIT! People should be glad that when they boot it up that they get more than 16colors and don't have to immediatly download the latest drivers. You want new drivers...go pester the lame ass company you bought your crappy hardware from.

------------------

C:\Dos

C:\Dos\Run

\Run\Dos\Run

MousePad - thanks for understanding.

bigb - I'm glad you have such a rewarding life working and sleeping. Some of us have a more fulfilling lifestyle, and still choose to spend some of it trying to help those who need assistance with W2K.

I'm sorry that you have to use so much invective to justify your inability to use this forum's search funciton...or indeed any search at all. The topic you chose to raise was aired on just about every technology fourm on the internet - even Slashdot and CNN had articles. Maybe if you tried USENET you'd find out what really happens to people when they don't pay attention...

I'm also sorry that you feel the need to be spoonfed all the answers instead of finding them out for yourself - it must be so lonely.

FWIW, I used to earn a living building PCs ten years ago...and I had a life then too (still do, too). Maybe you should try and get one for yourself...oh, and you can't order one onlne...

Whatever Fewl!!!!

I won't even bother replying to your fewlish yet rather dumb remarks...

Lates scum

bigb,

Stop by a calander somewhere and look at the date on it. Seems to me that M$ set Feb. 17th as the official release date for 2K. After that date you can bet that drivers will be coming out of the wood work. In my honest opinion , Win2K is a hell of an OS. I run Quake 3 for hours with no problems at all. I do think it is an OpenGL game. The best thing to do is , sit back and wait for drivers to be released.

may i kindly remind everyone who *****es about Windows 2000 and says that it sucks because there is no driver support. THE OPERATING SYSTEM IS NOT YET RELEASED!!!!!!!

....STOP PUTTING IT DOWN, LET MICROSOFT RELEASE IT AND THEN I'M SURE THAT MANUFACTURERS WILL RELEASE DRIVERS FOR PRODUCTS.

If you don't like Win2K.....don't use it, it sounds like you need a good copy of Win 3.x

Just wait until after Feb 17th and stop whining, oh boo hoo, i can't play my little games...blah blah blah. All of the games i wanna play work great.

yeah I do agre with Eddie, lets just drop these complaints we are having with win2k until a month or 2 (minimum) after its release.

I understand having questions and needing help with something, but there are much better ways to go about it then bigb's initial post.

We all have to start being more diplomatic as well (and yes I am counting myself :)) before nt compatible has the largest suicide rate of all the forums.

I simply gave up answering these kind of posts.......laughed really hard at this one however! =)

fewl? hahahaha

thats funny