Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
adamvjackson

FREE Explorer Shell Extensions Anyone? Post 'em IF you like these!

I actually found PowerMenu a few days ago, when looking for an application that would forcefully set the "always on top" property.

It works great, and has some neat opacity settings for 2000/XP/2003.

If you work with fonts often, this extention may be useful.

Font properties extension, version 2.1

If you right click on a font file in Windows its basic properties are displayed. This extension adds several new property tabs to this properties dialog box. These include information relating to font origination and copyright, the type sizes to which hinting and smoothing are applied, and the code pages supported by extended character sets.

Description by publisher

D M E X B a r - Explorer Toolbar Extension.

Upgrade your Windows Explorer to a full-featured file manager!

DMEXBar adds new buttons to the explorer toolbar with a wide range of new features like: Arrange explorer windows side by side, rename multiple files at once, quick change to favourite folders, quick create directory, split files, calculate the total directory size and many more...

http://www.simtel.net/product.php?id=59298

TaskBan

From the author:

TaskBan is a powerful replacement for the standard Task Manager (TASKMAN.EXE) which ships with Windows. I started building this tool because I wanted something more powerful than the Task Manager, to give me more control over the system. This utility proved itself very useful, so I decided to polish it and make it available to other users. This tool should be used by advanced users; it can easily make your system crash if used in the wrong way.

TaskBan adds it's icon to the system tray and is hidden most of the time. To open it, the user has to click on the icon or press it's hotkey combination, which is user defined. TaskBan displays information about ALL tasks running on the system, such as PIDs, Thread count, Priority class.

Among others, TaskBan can:

Run applications and open documents. This is very useful, especially when explorer crashes and doesn't reopen automatically. Using TaskBan, you can run explorer.exe and you have your system back.

Shutdown Windows. You have many shutdown options like Logoff, Lock Workstation (Windows 2000 only), Restart, Power Off. Each of these can be performed 'normally' or it can be 'forced'.

End tasks. You can end tasks normally or you can force (kill) them to end. Be careful with this as you may crash the system.

Change the Priority Class (PC) of each task.

Auto-popup when explorer is not responding.

http://users.otenet.gr/~gtoub/projects/index.htm#TaskBan

True Small Tools

http://www.tsoftcentral.com/tools/

Use CloseWin to open standard Windows dialog Shut Down Windows

OpenRun 1.0

Use OpenRun to open standard Windows dialog Run

PresStart 1.3

Use Presstart to open Start Menu

HotKey Search 1.0

This tool allow you to search shortcuts with hot key installed. You can select the folder where to search shortcuts. Use HotKey Search to find all hotkeys that installed in your Windows.