Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Malaris

Who is smarter, AlexStaar or Adamvjackson??

They just give out so damn much advice!!!!

I personally think Alex is a lot more knowledgable when it comes to the technical side of things however Adam seems to know how to fix most problems posted on these forums.

Discuss or don't discuss it's up to you guys, but I just thought I'd say thanks from me and everyone else to these to guys for their overwhelming knowledge of all things Windows (and most things not!).

While I'm at it I don't think anyone has ever said this but thanks to everyone on these forums who has helped anyone with a problem.

Regards, Waffler

Giving out advice anybody can do, the trick however is giving out pertinent, correct and timely advice which I find both seem very adept at doing if I must say so myself laugh

Now as to the "SMART" part of your question, that I'm going to leave for somebody or some being that can attest to this directly since I don't know either personally, only via this wonderful forum wink

Lmao @ AlexStaar!

Yes, I realise that there are hundreds if not thousands of people here give out plenty of advice and help to people but I have been a member for less than a month so I'm sure you will all forgive me for not knowing of them, it's just that whenever I login and look at the new forum topics, it seems that you two have always contributed to the thread by adding something useful.

Sorry if I have offended anyone because I didn't mention them, but they were the fisrt 2 that sprung to mind...

But like I said, thanks to EVERYONE for all help, tips, hints and advice given that has helped people solve their problems.

I'd like to throw in "DeadCats" and "Eddie314" into the mix too, though we haven't seen them for a long time for one reason or another.

I mainly post from work since that is where I have the need to most access this forum so if you don't see a post during the weekend you know why wink

Today however I seem to have a few extra minutes so I'm here...

Originally posted by jerry atrik:

Quote:
how could anyone get in an argument here?

or worse yet get insulted?

There are plenty of forums out there that cater to abuse, arguments and flaming wink

However I do believe that this forum doesn't allow such behavior, for the most part. This is because of the users I would imagine and of course Philip wouldn't allow or tolerate such behavior, let alone the users themselves laugh

Quote:
how could anyone get in an argument here?

or worse yet get insulted?

NT 3.51 Server is faster than Windows 2003 Server!!!!!! 8)

Hehe thanks for the recognition, I think it's important for information and knowledge to be free (as in speech, not necessarily as in beer) smile

Who knows, maybe my next career will be in education?

Again, thanks, but no matter how much you know, there is always someone who knows more. Hard work DOES pay off, and so does good intentions.

i been reading these forums forever, even before w2k came out.

puroozing this place has made me a master at special unattended installs. it has also allowed me to take over all "it" chores at this company in my spare time. (im really a process engineer) i tell everyone who is even interested in computers to come to this site and read thru the forums.

there are other help forums but many are populated by children who know more about flaming than computers... i guess im too old for that nonsense anymore.

Originally posted by Alec§taar:

Quote:

It's doable man, just by "accretion/osmosis"...

↑ crackup

i was using win 98 for gaming at home and a buddy of mine told me nt4 is just a better all around os. i thought he was full of it but i figured i'd give it a try for kicks. (he was right)

anyway he sent me this link so i could see compatibility reports on hardware/software before i bought it. i poked around this site for years before i registered.

i cant be sure but i think i registered to answer a forum question on how to reset the bios on an older motherboard... u know one without a reset jumper.

Quote:

i cant be sure but i think i registered to answer a forum question on how to reset the bios on an older motherboard... u know one without a reset jumper.

You mean the kind that had to solder pads you had to short together wink

I realize I havent posted in these forums for quite sometime but I did have some ideas to share.

First. When did clutch get his MSMVP ? CONGRATS !! I wonder if he has had the chance to meet Darren, Deji, and Joe ......

Second. I didnt know that people from other sites were trolling in these forums .... its a shame ... script kiddies hehe. I remember when it happenned between neowin and activewin. Glad to see the management are more adult then there members.

Second + 1. I remember this site when it was red and green and people were hacking their voodoo drivers to get them to work with 2000 Beta 3. Thats build 2085 or so, I am probably off by a few on the number.

Finally. Everyone in these forums contributes. From the person who asks a question that makes the experts here rack their heads to the question that makes those said experts remember an archaic topic. In a dynamic busines such as ours, we will be the perpetual student. None of us are any better than the other, just more experiences in one subject.

And Alex, like I said a year ago. I couldnt code myself out of a paper bag. Script ... yes .... but an actual non-vb app. HA!! LOL. Who wants to see a grown man cry laugh I do have say this is one of the most professional forums on the net. Everyone should pat themeselves on the back for that.

Oh and regarding the alcohol to maintain my sanity, http://www.labatt.com/ is damm good 8)

I realize I havent posted in these forums for quite sometime but I did have some ideas to share.

First. When did clutch get his MSMVP ? CONGRATS !! I wonder if he has had the chance to meet Darren, Deji, and Joe ......

Second. I didnt know that people from other sites were trolling in these forums .... its a shame ... script kiddies hehe. I remember when it happenned between neowin and activewin. Glad to see the management are more adult then there members.

Second + 1. I remember this site when it was red and green and people were hacking their voodoo drivers to get them to work with 2000 Beta 3. Thats build 2085 or so, I am probably off by a few on the number.

Finally. Everyone in these forums contributes. From the person who asks a question that makes the experts here rack their heads to the question that makes those said experts remember an archaic topic. In a dynamic busines such as ours, we will be the perpetual student. None of us are any better than the other, just more experiences in one subject.

And Alex, like I said a year ago. I couldnt code myself out of a paper bag. Script ... yes .... but an actual non-vb app. HA!! LOL. Who wants to see a grown man cry laugh I do have say this is one of the most professional forums on the net. Everyone should pat themeselves on the back for that.

Oh and regarding the alcohol to maintain my sanity, http://www.labatt.com/ is damm good 8)

Hmm, ds3circuit, did you have one too many Labatt Blues or did you accidently hit submit twice wink

Quote:
Hmm, ds3circuit, did you have one too many Labatt Blues or did you accidently hit submit twice

lol .... would you believe I am still getting used to the new forums? :P

Gotta go back to work, otherwise I would think of a better excuse ... How does that Alan Jackson song go?? Ahhh yes, its 5 O'clock Somewhere laugh