Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MonicaElez

Is there any hope for a "malfunctioned" USB drive

I've got a 32MB EagleTech USB flash drive, and recently windows XP has been telling me it has malfunctioned. I've tried to go to the site, but it was useless. I have been taking my USB flash drive to school (they are using Win 2000 Prof.)

I put it in my bag a few time, it didn't have a protection cap so i'm guessing soemthing happened to it...

Perhaps you could give a little more detail on exactly what happens when you plug in the flash drive. Does XP recognize it at all? Do you have "support" software on your machine? Do the machines at your school also fail to access it? I will assume that since you didn't mention anything below, that when you inspected the connector on the device you didn't see any physical damage or noticable dirt on the contacts.

I had some software that did diagnostics and encryption for my usb flash drive, that worked right until I put on XP SP2. Did your drive stop right after a patch like this? If so you might have to remove the software or look for a patched version.

-Ry