Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Coney

Help me please.......Liveware is impossible.......

Hi there ppl.....

I have spent the past few days looking over all the old posts regarding the installation of liveware3 on Win2000......but still i am unable to get anything.....when i try to install from the liveware3 i dled.....it just stops after it says extracting....then i tried to go into the documents and settings/my name/local user/or whatever it is but it still stalls after that as well...???

Can someone PLEASE teach me step by step...

BTW....Yes,I am very dumb, but then again maybe just REALLY SLOW..... smile

\_/ Coney

The FAQ on how to install it is quite explicit, so if you follow it and the gods are on your side, it'll work.

As you'll have read from all the posts here, most of the time the LiveWare gods are not on your side. The simplest solution - aside from sacrificing your first-born* - is to live without it until Creative actually produce LiveWare2K.

*Warning : Do not try this at home. Or anywhere else.

[This message has been edited by YuppieScum (edited 31 January 2000).]

I just Love that 1st line YuppieScum hehehe

Coney what all in your system specs ?.

Quote:
Originally posted by SHS:

Coney what all in your system specs ?.

If by that u mean what is in my tower....
  • [*]PIII 450Mhz [*]128Mb PC100 Ram [*]Diamond Viper TNT2 770 32Mb AGP [*]Soundblaster Live!Value [*]Gigabyte BX6 M/B [*]Quantum Cr8.4 Gb (Win98) [*]Quantum KA+9.4 Gb (Win2000 Pro Final)[/list:u]
    Hope thats what ya meant....if not just ask again.....THNX SHS
    smilewink
    \_/ Coney

I think it has some to do with Intel P3 CPU

I wish I had P3 but I don't have one or it could be the mother board it self.

Out of all the E-Mail get about this they have P3 only 10% of them get it working P3

Let say I 100 poeple all with P3 10 poeple get lucky the rest don't Hmm wonder why.

I have AMD K2 400 stock clock, Intel Celeron 2 slot1 300a@450a over clock & PGA 366 stock clock all 4 with diff mother board & all work

Yep P!!! is the problem, especially Coppermines.

I got liveware 3 working on about half the normal P!!! systems I've put win2k on, but none of the computers that had the new 'Coppermine' chip in them.

Brendan

Thanx anyways guys......guess i'll have to wait for the official drivers then eh..??

------------------

\_/ Coney

Coney: I encounter the same problem on my Celeron 450. After extracting all packages setup would stall.

I followed the guide (liveware31.zip)and successfully installed LW3 on RC2 few months ago (the guide is based on RC2). Now I am on RC3 (clean install) and I thought god would be on my side again, I was wrong.

I have a PII 300. I had Liveware 3.0 working on Win2k Pro 2195 but I installed Win2k Advanced Server 2195 and tried re-installing liveware 3.0 with little success. I remember someone saying that Microsoft Fax can interfer with Liveware installation.