Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
David Magnusson

Partition Magic 5 & NTFS 2k

Hi!

Does anyone know if i can resize my ntfs partition running w2000 with partition magic 5 pro? on my other partition i have w98. I decided that w2000 is far better then w98 and now i only have some smaller prgs. that i need w98 for...

I've used PQ 4...but the only part of it that I use is the DOS part of it PQMAGICT.EXE. I don't see why a person could not reboot with a dos disk and use the pqmagict.exe to make an extra fat16,32,ntfs 4 partition and then install W2K.

If you already have an ntfs 5 partition you will have to use partion magic 5's boot diskette. Using version 4 will hose your system. Another idea would be to resize it using the disk manager built into win2k (would that work???). Good luck!

------------------

Shrink

92% of the things we worry about don't happen - but the other 8% DO!

Is it possible to RESIZE partitions with the NT5 diskmanager? HOW???

------------------

The MerceD has you...

Sys spec:

* P2-350

* 128RAM

* Voodoo3 2000

* SB AWE 64 Gold

* 10GB HD

* Win2k 2195

* ISDN with a ZyXel omni.net Plus

* HP DeskJet 720C

* Afga SnapScan 1212u

* Iomega USB-ZipDrive

In my dreams - lol! Sorry I was talking out of my a**. What you could do is create a ghost image of the ntfs5 partition using Norton Ghost 6 and put it on another hard drive (if you have it). Then restore the partition but you can specify a different size (I think).

How about just backing up your data and reinstalling onto one ntfs5 partition <g>. Sorry I can't be of more help. You could also wait for Powerquest to release the patch so that PM5 will work in win2000. Should be within the next couple of weeks. Good luck!

------------------

Shrink

92% of the things we worry about don't happen - but the other 8% DO!