Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bigb

Abit BP6 with dual Cel-400's overclocked to 500's

I am getting Abit BP6 with dual Cel-400's and i am overclocking to 500mhz , does anyone have this sorta setup and have they had any problems with it and win2k?

Only problem I have with my two 366s at 572 is that the case overheats. I need some extra fans to keep it cool.

[This message has been edited by Skywise (edited 04 February 2000).]

Unless your mobo allows you to explicitly set the AGP/PCI bus multiplier/divisor, you may have problems running with an FSB other than 66 or 100Mhz - especially if you overclock your video card...

I've got 2 Celeron 400s on this board.

They will run at anything up to 600MHz at a 2.1 volt core.

You should at least be able to select the 93MHz BUS, which has a 1/3PCI divider, and will give you 558MHz.

Brendan

I've got 2 Celeron 400s on this board.

They will run at anything up to 600MHz at a 2.1 volt core.

You should at least be able to select the 93MHz BUS, which has a 1/3PCI divider, and will give you 558MHz.

Brendan

When you get your MOBO installed, and prior to installing Win2K be sure to flash it with the Bp6QQ bios recently available at:

ftp://ftp.abit.com.tw/pub/beta/bp6/bios/bp6qq.exe.

Without this flash, Win2K will not recognize the BP6 as an ACPI board, nor will it run USB in MPS 1.4 mode.

Although this bios revision is currently in Beta, it's solved a host of problems for me.

========

Abit BP6, Dual Cel 466's OC'd to 525, Win2K, WinNT4 SP6a, Win98SE

Note of warning:

I fried my bp6 board with the first beta bios that was leaked (not the qq bios..just one of the first beta bioses). I will never use a beta bios again.