Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kamilio

I Have Problem With BLUE SCREEN *** stop: 0x00000024....

Hi,

I have some problem with my computer. I had format hard disk and reinstall windows XP Professional a lot of times but it doesn't helps.

I usually use my computer and suddenly everyting dissapear and only I can see a blue screen with something like that:

----------------------------------------------------------------

*** Stop: 0x00000024 (0x001902F8, 0xF1534434, 0xF1534134, 0xF8408BAB)

*** Ntfs.sys

Adress F8408BAB base at F83E*000, Date Stamp 3b7dc5d0

----------------------------------------------------------------

It happens me anytime, average 5 times per day.

Instructions on this blue screen tels me to run 'Chdsk' program and restart computer, so I tried it but it doesn't helps.

If someone know how to fix it, tell me please.

Kamil

It may be that you are paging out of memory. How much RAM do you have for that machine?

Here are some info about my computer:

Pentium 4 CPU 2.62GHz

512 Mb of RAM

Graphic card: Ge-Force 4

thx for any help

Kamil

Spontaneous reboots are not always as spontaneous as they seem. When exactly does this happen. One fellow could work on his machine for hours using the software on his hard drive and not experience any problem until he went onto the net. Turns our he had not installed java.

Another had been experimenting with overclocking (claimed he only did it twice). Turns out the chip had overheated and the cooling fan had to be reseated.

One fellow was using "experimental" graphic drivers. His machine would reboot at the oddest times.

Memory chips are most often the culprit. Heat and factory defects will cause certain addresses to fail. There are several software programs that could check this.

Maybe, if you could give us some more extensive information, particularly when this first started happening. What is the motherboard - what bios is it using? What specific grafics card - the version of the driver. Does hie crash everytime you use a specific program?

Hi,

Sorry I didn't respond so long, but I was in another country for holidays.

I bought my computer from guy who put together my computer by his self. This has started happening after one week of using my computer. I use verry different programs, graphic, text and music programs, they just dissapearing when they are in use. After long time I work on my PC program I use just closing by hisself without saving. For all, anytime and any hour and doesn't matter which program I use, everything is closing and one I can see it's blue screen with some erros.

Here are some extensive informations about my computer:

-Processor

Type: Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.60 Ghz

Speed: 2629 MHz

-RAM Memory

512 MB

-AMIBIOS

Version: 08.00.09

Build Date: 11/07/03

ID : 1ABRQ011

-Display Adapter

NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200

Drive Provider: NVIDIA

Driver Date: 06/10/2003

Driver Version: 5.2.1.6

Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows Hardware Compactibility Publisher

-System:

Microsoft Windows XP

Professional

Version 2002

Thx for any help.

Kamil

I would probably make a backup of your personal documents and then run this command on all of your partitions:

Quote:
chkdsk /r

You can run checkdisk as a precaution, but it seems like a hardware problem. The heatsink may not be seated and the processor may be shutting down from excess heat. Also, your power supply could be inadequate. You might want to look into your Event viewer log: To open Event Viewer, click Start, click Control Panel, click Performance and Maintenance, click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Event Viewer. This could give you a clue.

You said you have 512 MB of ram, is that 1 stick or 2 256 sticks? I had an extremely similar situation happen. I swapped out one ram stick and the problem got much worse. Then I took out the stick I left in, and replaced with the one I originally took out. Not a problem at all after that. So basically it was a bad stick of ram. I hope you have the luxury of being able to try that out.

Of cource what I should have done from the start is run memtest. If you have a cd burner, try this app out:

http://www.memtest86.com/memtest86-3.1a.iso.zip

If you want a floppy version,

http://www.memtest86.com/memt31a.zip

These links are from www.memtest86.com , and I found it a great memory test program. Set it to a continuous run, and watch it for the first time through. If you have no errors on the first run, let it continue for a few hours to be really sure. At the least, it will rule out one possible issue.