Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
koroshiya1

Appcompat.txt

Hello everyone this is my first message on here and i was hoping somebody with a lot more brains than i could please help me out!

Im trying to play some older games such as Dues Ex, Age of Empires 2 and metal gear solid on my dell 2400 desktop.The games install fine but when i go to play the game itself i get an error report containing the file:

C:\DOCUME~1\Daniel\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER306.tmp.dir00\appcompat.txt

The numbers after WER change on each attempt but hte rest stays the same. I saw via AOL search theres a thread with the same problem but i cannot find it.Sorry! smilesmile

Really though any help would be greatly appreciated as im at my wits end!

Deus Ex and Age of Empires should run fine in XP. (You are running XP right?)

I would try making sure your windows is all updated, as well as all of your DirectX, and your sound and video drivers. Also patch whatever version of AoE2 you've got to the latest patch(depending on weather it's just AoE2 or AoE2 with the Expansion)

If that doesn't work, try this to see if it's graphics related. The game has a couple problems with certain graphics, and the integrated intel graphics lacks some meat so who knows.

As for Deus Ex, it should probably work fine, but you should still install the latest patch anyway.

Please post a response as to weather things work or not. This may help others in the future that might share your problem.

I have the same problem with another program named: DMW Anti Cheat, it is software for Mohaa ( Medal of honor Allied Assault )that scans u 2 see if you cheat. i get the same message about appcompat.txt, plz help me