Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
zeroinfin

Exchange 2003 SMTP setup

I am wondering if there is anyone out there that can help with this. I am sure there is something like a way to rely SMTP info or that might not even be it.

The problem that I am having is that I can send and recieve mail from my exchange server but every now and then (Like and AOL address) will bounce back to me. I need to get this fixed but there are some kickers.

One is that my exchange server sits on a DYN IP and PAC Bell (who my ISP is)I have heard has there IP's blocked by certain companies.

I was wondering if there was something that I have configured wrong on my server or if I need to look at an SMTP rely agent to forward it to my DNS provider then out.

If someone has any idea's please let me know,

Thanks

Andrew

First thing I would do is check your external IP against some of the blacklist servers (e.g. DSBL) just to make sure that you (or your ISP) haven't been blacklisted for some reason. If you have been blacklisted, you can apply to be removed.

If you haven't been blacklisted, have you checked the server logs to see why the mail has bounced? What does the bounce reply say?

Hope this helps,

Rgds

AndyF