Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jbell

Desktop Display Properties - Disable?

Question:

I have a classroom computer lab, 30 computers, my problem is this: everyone changes the resolution, wallpaper, or theme. They are logged in locally to each computer, as a restricted user. Can i just turn off the display properties for them? Thanks.

Jacob

jbell@ucdavis.edu

If you feel comfortable navigating the registry, simply lock down the regkeys required by these settings so that only local admin or domain admin can change them.

Alternatively, use policy editor to remove these tabs from display properties but you best leave it possible to up size the fonts etc if someone has sight difficulties.

Reg key lock down is the best as they can't be changed.

Hello,

Is there any way that you can enable only the 'Appearance' tab of the desktop settings panel? I want to users to be able to only change resolution settings and background colours, and nothing else.

Thanks

Em

Hello everyone.

I'm having the same problem that Jacob had: everyone changes the resolution, wallpaper, or theme in the computer lab. They are logged in locally to each computer, as a restricted user.

My question is which are the keys that I have to lock down to turn off the display properties? I know how to do changes to the registry but i don't know which keys to look for.

And I have another question: how do you disable the option: "Set as Wallpaper..." Thanks.

Juan

jtony2976@hotmail.com

dear Juan

it is very easy question?

delete desk.cpl file on system32 folder.

u had better keep backup file of it.

bandara

for more details use sbandara@gmail.com