Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Purz

Mechwarrior for XP

I have Windows XP and Mechwarrior 3, however they don't like each other. Every time I try to open Mechwarrior 3, it says it performed an error and won't let me even open it. I have the V1.2 patch from the official website. Can anybody help me out?

I had the same problem with my old 1.0 version of mechwarrior 3.I tried installing the 1.2 patch with no luck. Finally I purchased a copy of Mechwarrior 3 Gold. Its bascially the orginal with 1.2 built in and the pirate's moon expansion included. It seemed to do the trick, although im not sure how it was any different from the patch. All I know is that for me it did the trick.

I hate it when patches don't. I remember I had a problem with Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri on XP - if I used the original and clicked the left of the two blank buttons that came up at the start it worked perfectly, but if I installed any of the patches it just refused to run.

Ok, here's what worked for me.

Go to the folder where you installed Mechwarrior, right click on Mech3.exe, click propreties, compatibility, and under compatibility mode check windows 98.

After that everything just work as usual smile

Lets hope it will work for all of you now !