Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nade

Fresh start

Ok here is the deal, I just installed RedHat 8.0 on my machine this past Saturday. I decided that I wanted to be able to play warcraft III on my Linux machine, so I set it up like was specified here at Linux compatible. Everything worked out pretty good, warcraft was running pretty slow. I had a Geforce 2 so I figured I would just set up the drivers for it. I follow more instruction coming from here. the only problem is that this time I rebooted my system to see if it worked and it looks like I downloaded the wrong drivers or the wrong driver combination of drivers. Any way I cannot boot into Xwindows I can only go into the command prompt. I spent the past 5 hours trying to figure out what is going on and cannot. My question is is there anyway to strip those drivers from the system or revert redhat to the way it was before I made this major screw up with out reinstalling RedHat? This has been driving me bonkers :x

Thanx

Nade

Do you need the current data on the system or can you just reformat and start fresh? Sounds like it may be easier to just do a clean install I know it's tough but probably I imagine by this time you have done so...if not I hope the not wanting to hear suggestion helps atleast?