Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
chrome_shadow

are you smart? if u think so, answer this q

ok if you think yir smart u should be able to answer this question easily:D :

what is the difference between digital and analog audio in relation to the following:

1. how they are structured or visually represented

2. specific featured of each format

3. process of converting analog to digital audio.

1. how they are structured or visually represented

Analog audio used to come in vinyl disc form, generally surrounded by a thin cardboard sleeve.

Digital audio most commonly comes in aluminium disc form, with a plastic coating with a label on one side and surrounded by a plastic or cardboard case.

Analog audio could be scratched, bent, broken, heat & pressure damaged but had fantastic sound quality for the first few playings. It came in tube form, 33rpm disc, 45rpm disc and the older one which I can't remember if it was 72 or 83rpm.

Digital audio is read by laser and I'm not sure what speed it spins at.

3. process of converting analog to digital audio.

Simple - microwave. Same as the old non-foil chip packets made great keyrings. You can shrink any vinyl disc down to fit in a CD player.

And now for something completely different - http://www.google.com.au/search?sourceid...vs+analog+audio

Originally posted by felix:

Quote:

Analog audio could be scratched, bent, broken, heat & pressure damaged but had fantastic sound quality for the first few playings. It came in tube form, 33rpm disc, 45rpm disc and the older one which I can't remember if it was 72 or 83rpm.

Digital audio is read by laser and I'm not sure what speed it spins at.

The original Sony-Philips spec is 150k per second or 1x speed. However I'm not sure of the actual spin rate either other then you can hear high-speed CD/DVD readers slow way down if you're using the analog playback function rather then the digital audio extraction method wink