Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rowyn

Unpartician

Alright, I've been trying to unpartician one of my co-worker's hard drives into one solid drive, I've tried rebooting the entire system by re installing windows XP, and I've searched for fdisk with no luck. Is there any way for me to unpartician my hard drive without dishing out 60 bucks for partician magic or something of the like?

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

It sounds like you're trying to merge two or more partitions into one large one, if this is correct then the only tool I can think of is Partition Magic to do this. It works quite well smile

You could try a google search for disk partitioning and see if there are any freeware apps like this.

:)Set your bios to boot from the XP CD and a screen will give you the option to delete any partitions that are on the drive. Do so and then reformat the entire drive and install XP. Good luck!

Yes, you normally need to delete individual partitions before you can resize and reformat them, and Win2K and WinXP have easy facilities for doing that on their installation CDs (forget about FDisk, as that's history now, and was a pig to use, anyway). So, run the XP installation CD and, at the appropriate point in the Setup (it'll become obvious) delete the existing partitions. You'll of course lose all your existing data, so ensure you've made a backup of important data beforehand. Within the same procedure, repartition the hard drive and also reformat the partitions.

BTW, I think you meant "un-partition", didn't you? Not "unpartician".