Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pkx

admin login under win 2000 server

hi,

i am new under win 2k advanced server.

once i have installed win 2k adv server i have set up an admin login/password.i would like to know if there is a way to avoid entering admin login//password on every reboot of the computer

Thanks in advance

You want to make it so the computer automatically boots into the administrator account? That would be a pretty big security issue, but I also do not believe it's possible.

Whilst I'd agree with n99nyrwg and recommend that you don't use auto login in Windows Server, it can still be done however.

Go to the run dialog box (Start, Run) and type this;

control userpasswords

The familiar 'Users & Passwords' dialog from Win2K Pro appears and you're then be able to uncheck the 'Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.' option. Click Apply and you'll be asked to supply the login credentials that Windows will use from then on.

Incidentally, this 'trick' can also be used on XP and Windows Server 2003 machines; just use 'control userpasswords2' instead.

smile

Interesting, I knew it could be done for normal users and even users with administrative permissions, but not the actual administrator account. Thanks