Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
S2001LTD

Need Help Mandrake 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just loaded mandrake 10 offical but i can not get to the desktop what did i do wrong i really need help it is my first time i loaded mandrake 10. please help ;( ;( ;(

thanks

S2001LTD

Become root by going:

su [enter]

enter your password, then [enter]

You'll notice the $ sign will now be a # sign.

Type:

XFdrake [enter]

This is a utility to set up your monitor, video card and resolution. You'll also be given a choice of two versions of "X."

Try different settings and resolutions starting with 640x480. Make sure the make and model of your monitor corresponds with what is listed and chosen in the monitor section.

What video are you using? is it "built in" or do you have a video card installed such as an Nvidia or ATI?

It did not work i am using a Nvidia geforce 4000. I tried all those command and still did not work :x what do i do now???????

thanks

S2001LTD

Did you get XFdrake up and running? It is a Mandrake utility for configuring video, monitors and resolutions. If so, what did you try? Tell me in detail what errors you are getting? Is it saying something about, "screens not found?"

You need to be a little more specific on what's going on, such as what happened when you typed those commands? What is currently on your screen?