Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Michael H

Im frustrated I NEED A driver for GeForceMX/MX400

I assume you're using Linux?? wink Which distro are you using? What are you getting now? Anything? Is this the card you have? Tell us exactly what the problem is and what errors it's giving you if any, and we should have you up and running soon. smile

smile Thanks for the Info Grafics up and Running,Very much Aprieciated! Now I can see what Im doing.

Hi

I'm interested in getting GeForce 4 MX drivers too. I'm also on redhat 9.

This means I'll be watching this post closely to see if I get any ideas (no success so far).

Koba

Alright - in case anyone else needs the help - All Linux Nvidia drivers can be downloaded stright from NVIDIA's site in much the same way as the windows drivers. The instructions on the site are also quite clear - but one thing to remember is you can't have x11 running when you run the driver install program, so you will have to kill x or boot into failsafe mode depending on your linux distro. Another problem thats run into sometimes is that many distro's come with a nvidia driver already on it, but the built-in driver doesn't have 3D acceleration. And often, even after installing the driver from nvidia, it doesn't actually load the driver. This is because its still using the built in driver. The way to fix this is simple. Locate your xf86config file. Its usually found in /etc/X11 - some distro's hace a xf86config and a xf86config-4 file, (in this case edit the -4 file). ANyways - open the file in an editor as root. Locate the line that says something like:

Driver "nv"

and change it to

Driver "nvidia"

Then restart your X11 by logging out and back in again.

If have other problems let me know.