Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
metal69

Linux flashing problem

Just installed Redhat 9 & all went well. Rebooted it afew times & it was fine. Now I left it running for 2 days, I turned the monitor on & it was all weird looking, with righting that wasnt English.

I turned it off & left it to cool & then restarted it.

Now all it does is flash on the login command pront & not in GUI. When it flashes off, the keyboard dosnt work & nothing happens. then when its on, u can type untill it goes off again.

I noticed cond failed to load, what is that?

So do ya know whats wrong??

did you by any chance install RH9 and walk away from your system for two days while

leaving it connected directly to DSL or a cable modem?

have you tried booting the install CD just to check the system?

No, it was all installed & working ok. It isnt connected to anything, just basics. I had rebooted it afew times as well, before hand.

Tried up[censored] the bootup via disk, but didnt do anything.

can you boot the system from the install disc?

that is, get to the very beginning of the install process.. don't actually do another

install yet, just test your system by booting from the CD.

Yeah it boots off the install disk. I tried to update the boot up part, but didnt do anything. So I re-installed it. worked fine at the start even with a reboot. But the second reboot just made it go bk to how it was before. Flash on for 2secs & off for 10secs. Keyboard dosnt work when off.

I thought Linux was stable ;( Its about as stable as my grandad laugh

Hi metal69. I'm sure you were just joking! wink However, if you have any doubts, Linux is not causing your problem, it's something to do with hardware issues. Once you get that sorted out, you will have a very stable operating system. smile

Yeah it boots off the install disk. I tried to update the boot up part, but didnt do anything. So I re-installed it. worked fine at the start even with a reboot. But the second reboot just made it go bk to how it was before. Flash on for 2secs & off for 10secs. Keyboard dosnt work when off.

I thought Linux was stable ;( Its about as stable as my grandad laugh

I think u maybe right m8, now all I have to do is find which part is doing it frownfrown

Sorry Linux wink