Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jdulmage

Water cooling

I am thinking about moving towards water cooling for these hot summers and for overclocking purposes.

Can anyone recommend to me a cheap, yet effective water solution. I was looking at Aquarius 2 by ThermalTake, but soon came to the conclusion that it sucks.

I was also looking at SWIFTECH H20-8501P WATER COOLING KIT FOR S478, but haven't been able to find any reviews on it.

Anyone have any suggestions for me?

Thanks

If you have never water cooled before or if you have and said you'd never do it again - look at the Koolance Exos system

Originally posted by Sampson:

Quote:
If you have never water cooled before or if you have and said you'd never do it again - look at the Koolance Exos system

Or any Koolance system for that matter.

-bZj

Koolance is not "cheap". But the install is pretty straightforward and anything that works and doesn't burn up a processor, is worth the money. People who want this type of cooling are usually interested in overclocking. Here's the rub. With the Prescott processors, to overclock, you need water cooling and you will probably have to bump up the voltage. This is rather straightforward, but, (here I am speculating) with the newer PCI slots now targeted for Video cards, I am wondering what pushing the front side bus will do to the power supply. Some of these newer cards seem to draw a lot of power. I think that it is not enough just to put in a water cooling system, you also have to look at the power supply to make sure that it is what Intel is calling for as spec for its boards.