Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
quafboy

Fedora Core

I am new to linux but not computers. I recently installed fedora core 2.

What are some of the basic's of linux. perhaps someone could link me to some good resources. cheers

ps.

will my WPC54G Laptop wireless NIC card work with Fedora?

I was curious as to whether anyone has written any drivers for it. ;-)

I am on a Gateway solo 2500 laptop. NeoGraphics on board isn't recognized by Fedora yet I still have 800x600 picture and thousands of color.

fedora is infinitly better than windows already... haha.

- Nick

Try Google. Thats how i learnr all about linux. And welcome to the community!

Welcome quafboy!

Here's a really good and easy to understand Linux manual. Look for "Agustin's Linux Manual." It's in .pdf.

iamroot is right! Google is the best resource a Linux user has. The problem is many Windows users who take up Linux are not familiar with how to get the most out of an inquiry.

I'm not sure about your Linux WPC54G Laptop wireless NIC, but you could Google it and see! wink

Please keep in mind though that it is wise for a new Linux user to accept there will be hardware casualties when changing a former Windows machine over. It's just part of the swap off. Once you get to know what works and what doesn't, it becomes second nature.

smile

I'm already diggin' linux. I'm glad I went with fedora. Only draw back is fedora core 2 writing over BOTH partitions. windows xp is hosed. But o well. Fedora will prolly have a bug fix for it soon. I hear that it's better to go with older than newer but I have always have been hasty ;-)

perhaps windows just doesn't know how to fight back against better tech. laugh