Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lotus

Receiving Blank "TEXT" E-mails

He all, a lady I work with has been receiving blank e-mails for the last wek or so. She uses IncrediMail (Latest Version) and has no filters active. When first approached, I thought it might be blocking html based e-mails, but in sending her a plain text e-mail as a test, I discovered ALL her incoming e-mails are blank. There are subject lines on them however. I am going to do a search for spyware/adware in a few minutes, but I wanted to see if anyone has heard of such a problem before.

Btw, I did a full system scan with Norton AV 2004 Pro and it came up with nothing. I did a few google searches, but most say the cause is the e-mail client blocking html mail, which is not the case here.

Thanks

While I'm not sure on Incredimail's local mail store, I would suspect that it has become corrupt, and only the index is remaining, that's why the header is intact.

Can you try moving/renaming the local mail store file(s) and send a few new test messages?

If I am correct, then there is the possibility that existing emails that the user has saved may be lost. Perhaps an Incredimail user can chime in, though.

Good luck smile

I started having the same problem yesterday. Any insight would be helpful. I did redownload it but, still having the same problem.

I am having the exact same problem (it started today). I hope someone can help with this. Thank you so much!

I have seen this happen in Microsoft Outlook too. In Outlook we found the cause to be that the font file that Outlook was trying to use to display the message text was missing or corrupt (in Outlook's case it was arial).

You might try a font transplant from a working PC with Incredimail installed to the damaged PC. Copy all of the fonts from the good PC to a CD, then dump them into the fonts folder of the damaged PC.