Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JungleWriter

Win Explorer: How to Safe Workspace (Same Folders Extend on Open Each Time)

How do I save my workspace in Windows Explorer (XP Home, SP1), so that the same folders always extend when I open WinExplorer, and the same folders stay retracted?

(Windows is sooo anti-individualistic and anti-customization ;( , it’s hard to believe in an age where individualism is one of our society’s highest values. [i just had to say that. smile ])

Thanks for any help.

JungleWriter

APK, you left me in awe, what shall I say. I have not much idea what you are talking about, but I am willing to learn.

OK, what I want to do is this.

1. I want to save all my files under C:\MyDocs (so that the amount of subdirectories and their name lengths are kept to a minimum) (MyDocs is NOT the My Documents.)

I do not want to save them (as XP is making me do) under C:\Documents and Settings\Jonathan & Mary-Lou Schneider\My Documents (with Jonathan & Mary-Lou being the names I entered when setting up/ registering XP).

2. I want this folder MyDocs to expand every time I open the Windows Explorer.

3. I want this folder MyDocs to be on top of the folders list, not the Desktop, not My Computer, etc.

So, where do I open Explorer for editing and messing with these switches you listed in your mail? How do I do it? Thanks for getting this for me. smile

JungleWriter

APK,

thanks for all that good info. Sorry for replying so late, but work on my desk is about as high as my notebook screen when opened up..., so it'll be some more time before I'll try to make these changes.

Nice to know that people out there care, even if we never have/will meet. Thanks!

Have a crash- and virusfree day!

JungleWriter