Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
julissa46

still have a question....

i posted the other day bout my windows 98 internet problem and i got this as a reply:

"I've seen this happen to W98 when 1) AOL messes up the TCP/IP connections, 2) an old version of Ad-aware removes a registry key disabling IE and 3) when a virus, trojan or BHO has attached itself. If you are pretty certain this wasn't caused by an old version of Ad-Aware, download program - LSP fix and run it:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4180.html

With some luck this should restore the layer that may have been removed. LSP fix is a little intimi[censored], but read the screen closely. You are looking to restore the lsp.dll

Then, download and run Spybot and BHO Demon just to be sure that it wasn't a bug that may still be in the system. If you are not using the newest Ad-Aware, upgrade it and then run it."

but my question is, that how do i fix it if i think it was the first reason u said "AOL messes up the TCP/IP connections, " because i do have the latest versions of ad aware and spybot... ? thanks.

If you believe it was AOL that messed up your TCP/IP connections (and this was rather common for W98 and AOL 4.0 and 5.0) and you don't want to try the LSP Fix, if you are still a member of AOL, go onto to their forums. Do a search on this problem. AOL had a program that fixed specifically this mess up.