Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sapiens74

I, ROBOT: Going to go see it?

I plan to go see it, I loved the series of books.

However, it's a small chance it will be even close to what Asimov was trying to communicate.

I need to see anchorman frist lol

Did you ever read the robot series?

Very facisnating stuff

I personally won't be seeing it. I am a big fan of the book and they have completely destroyed it with this movie. The original story is not even close to what they are portraying in the movie, it is a psycological story and not an action movie..

Asimov will be spinning in his grave and I don't know how they ever allowed them to make the movie this way.

My recommendation is read the book and skip the movie.

S

Spidey 2 was great, the El chase scene, done in the Windy City BTW was fantastic wink

I liked how Sam Raimi did some quick nods to his Evil Dead series as well and of course both Ted and Bruce were in this one laugh

I will most likely see I-Robot as well just to see how close or loose to Asimov this happens to be smile

Now where the hell are the RAMA films frown

Well seeing as I won't spoil anything for you and just so you can see how off base this movie is..

I Robot is about a journalist who is interviewing Susan Calvin about her work on robots and it involves a bunch of short stories about various models.first story about a little girl and her robot robbie, another about a robot who thinks he is a prophet and another about a robot that can read minds etc etc .

nothing at all what this movie is about. This seems to be more a compilation of the Elijah Baley stories regarding his investigations of various murders and who may have commited them.

S

Originally posted by Alec§taar:

Quote:

OVERALL, REALLY GREAT FLICK! A real "Klaatu Nikto Borada" type idea @ hand in it too, actually DOES makes sense, BUT I really don't know if I do NOT see the logic involved on the part of the perpetrator of the plot, I sort of actually do... but has NO heart in it whatsoever as 'Sonny' says!

(See it you will know what I mean, especially if you saw the film "The Day the Earth Stood Still", one of my all-time sci-fi classics in my book)...! apk

Correction here APK, the phrase is:

"Gort, Klaatu, Berrada, Nikto."

This is what Patricia Neal had to say to the robot after Micheal Rennie's character gets shot by our own hapless army, or where they actually partially trained weekend warriors, hmmm wink

This phrase was also reprised in another classic,

Army of Darkness with Bruce Campbell. He had to say just

"Klaatu, Berrada, Nikto." but couldn't really remember this phrase and hence messed up things good when he took the Necronomacon from it's pedestal.

The remake of The Time Machine was good but I'll always have a special place for the original with Rod Taylor and the lovely Yvette Mimieux laugh

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054387/

I do think H.G. Wells was just a bit ahead of his time wink

I went and saw I, Robot yesterday with my brother and cousin, pretty good flick and the use of CGI was spectacular to say the least wink

Yes APK, I figured out who was pulling the strings early on too, but I won't say anymore then that...

I was somehow thinking that Will Smith's character was going to turn out to be a prototype android rather then the partial bionics he had instead, I think that would have put an interesting twist on this whole scenario laugh

The trailers for some upcoming flicks looked pretty good too, Especially the ones for Alien vs. Predetor and Resident Evil: Apocolypse (Mila Jovavich aka. Leelu, yummmmmmm)....