Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gurmit21

Switch over from Fedora Core 1 to Fedora Core 2 ???

hi, recently, i upgraded my Red Hat 9.0 Linux with Fedora Core 1.0 which runs on kernel-2.4.22-1.2140. since this kernel does not support USB 2.0 Devices ( which are in vogue nowadays ).

I heard from somewhere that Fedore Core 2 is compatiable with USB 2.0 Devices. So please First let me know if any body is familiar that is it true or just remour that Fedora Core 2.0 is compatible to USB 2.0 components? If it is true then please any body tell me what is the most inexpensive and easiest way of upgradation of Fedora from Core 1.0 to Core 2.0 I will be thankful to you...................

with regards to all the kind memebers of knid linuxcompatible

gurmit21

Although i haven't tried out USB 2.0 devices in FC2 yet (still using USB 1.1), I have read that USB 2.0 is supported from kernel 2.5.2 onwards and since FC2 is using the 2.6 kernel, USB 2.0 should be supported. As for your inexpensive and easiest way, just download the ISOs from the red hat mirrors.

I keep getting an error when I try to post here!

I'll try this as an edit....

This is NUTS! I can post what you see here, but I can't post a reply to this thread!!??

I'll try it as a quote...

THAT WON"T WORK EITHER!!???

Why do I keepm getting an error when I try to post to this thread, but I can post what you see here!!??

;(

I have experienced problems as well in this forum where i keep getting error msgs.