Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
souldreamer

Mandrake 10

Hi guys.

When i try to install Mandrake 10, when the setup asks for the 3rd CD, i insert it and it shows again the message saying to insert the 3rd CD. I burned another CD, downloaded again the 3rd CD, nothing worked. Do you guys know how to solve it?

Thanks.

I hate to sound like a broken record (or cd), but what speed are you burning the images at?

Are you attempting the install from the same cdrw drive that you burned the images on, or another cdrom or dvd drive?

Did you check the media integrity of the disks before the actual install attempt?

Finally, what media are you using? CDRW or CDR disks?

First i recorded at 40 x or something, then 24, then 16.

I never made the test, thats a good point! I'm using a CD-R, i'll try to install on the same drive. Thanks for the tips!

EDIT: The pc says the cd is corrupted (i putted it in the recording drive). I'll try recording it at the lowest speed.

It seems that the ISO is damaged in the server. Everyone who downloaded from there got a CD in RAW mode.

Well, that is odd! What site did you download from?

Also, what browser are you using to download the image with? This sometimes makes a difference on how the iso is downloaded. I know that some versions of Netscape did this, unles you pressed the shift key, then clicked on the image to download it.

its been awhile since i installed mandrake and i got the same problem i use my external writer at 1x 2x and 4x or something like that got the same problem and i was determined to figure what was wrong i went through 15 different sites to get the iso and all gave the same problem on oe so i went through my discs and got a older copy of mandrake 10 oe i had and it worked fine interesting to see someone else come across the problem