Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sp4rk911

internet page not showing up

;( Several weeks ago i tried using internet explorer but it didnt work. Right now i am using realone player web to go on internet. im not sure why it is not showing up. everything that needs internet works such as warcraft 3 battlenet and mmorpg's and error sending but the internet wont work. Anyone know what to do!? Is it a virus or what?! When i scanned with Norton Antivirus i found no virus but only a bunch of Adware (77 infected files to be exact) As i said, can someone hellp?

If you are using a Lan Connection, on the off chance that a piece of software reset it, go to Internet options -- Connection, Click on the Lan connection button and see if it is going directly to the internet or if the proxy selection has a dot in it. Switch it back to Direct Internet and try IE again.

Checked the Lan connection, restricted sites, registry keys. everything seems normal. The LAN is connected directly to Int not a proxy. is that good or bad? im not sure what a proxy server is. i have no restricted sites. I scanned for Adware found none. I have a couple of BHO's that are in the adware section so i got rid of them.

;( checked the regkey, value, whatever. discovered that path was set at

%SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\etc

is that bad? also, i havent tried reinstalling the web browser. sry about replys being so late. never have time to visit site.