Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bakemorgan

visioneer 7600usb

I could not get it to work on my PC. Kept getting errors that it could not find a INF file. Pissed me off so I starting using a different scanner that I had instead. ;(

The Visioneer Support web page lists OS compatibility for the 7600. Go to: http://www.visioneer.com/support/flatbed/7600osinfo.asp

In short:

The Visioneer 7600 USB scanner is not supported on Windows XP, although it may function properly on most systems. If you choose to install the software on Windows XP, it is recommended that you create a system checkpoint by using the Windows XP System Restore feature. During installation Microsoft displays a warning dialog because the driver you are installing has not been submitted to Microsoft for testing. Click the Continue button to complete the installation. If you experience any problems with your scanner or operating system, remove the software and restore to the point created before you installed the driver.

The 7600 is supported by Windows 2000, NT, 98 & Millenium. Note, the 7600 scanner is out of production.

this visioneer link mentioned in the previous post sounds promising.. but it's a dead link now. suggestions?? thanks

Ya I knew there were problems with the 7600 and Windows XP. Although it is good to hear that there are workarounds. However, the main problem for me is that Scansoft changed PaperPort 9 so much that the 7600's software is unable to integrate with it. Does anyone know if this is also the case with PaperPort 8? I've used just about every version between and including 3.5 to 9. However, I haven't used 10 yet.

Cheers,

Christian Blackburn

Originally posted by enjoylife78:

Quote:
this visioneer link mentioned in the previous post sounds promising.. but it's a dead link now. suggestions?? thanks

If you cant find the link for the workaround for xp I have the doc. Email me and I will send it to you. I tried it and it works but it is a manual type of setup. Why Visioneer took it offline is a mystery to me.

ok200ca@yahoo.com